How to create Group Conversations
The Group Conversation feature allows you to create quick, on-the-fly conversations with friends, family, and co-workers. Unlike private channels, no password or request authorizations are required. No channel profile is required. This feature is available for Android and iOS devices using the latest releases of Zello. Groups can be renamed by anyone in the group. Participants can delete or mute the group, disconnect and reconnect to the group, or invite others to join the group. Once a user deletes a group, they can only rejoin by being added back by a group member.
Before you create the group, ensure all group members have downloaded, installed, and created an account on Zello. They will also need to be added to your Contacts list.
There are two ways to create a Group: From the CONTACTS list or from the RECENTS list:
CREATING A GROUP FROM THE CONTACTS LIST
1. From the CONTACTS list, select a contact to start the group. In the example below, the contact named "texaskitty" was selected.
2. Select the down arrow next to the contact's profile picture to display the pull-down menu.
3. Select + Add participants to add more contacts to the group.
4. From the New conversation/Create group conversation screen, check off all the contacts you want added to the group.
5. Tap START at the upper right corner to create the group.
6. The group will be listed in your RECENTS list.
CREATING A GROUP FROM THE RECENTS LIST
Android and iPhone:
1. From the RECENTS list, tap the + Create group icon located at the bottom right corner.
2. From the new conversation screen/Create group conversation screen, check off all the contacts you want added to the group.
3. Tap START at upper right corner to create the group.
4. The group will be listed in your RECENTS list.
MANAGING YOUR GROUPS
Android and iPhone:
1. From the RECENTS list, locate your group and tap to open the group talk screen.
2. On the talk screen, tap on the pull-down menu (down arrow) to see your options. Options vary by device, as displayed below. The first device shown is Android; the second is iPhone:
3. Select the option you'd like to perform.
DELETING A GROUP
1. From the RECENTS list, locate your group.
2. On Android: Long press and select Leave conversation to permanently delete the group.
3. On iPhone: Swipe the group name to the left to see the red Delete tab. Tap to permanently delete the group.
Once deleted, you cannot rejoin the group. A member of the group will need to re-add you to the group.
Questions? Submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.