Integrate a device hardware button with Zello
To be listed under Zello recommended phones:
- The phone must have an additional key that can be used for PTT (not volume or wake up keys). If the phone has a programmable button and a corresponding API please email details to email@example.com.
- The button should launch Zello when it is in the background.
- The button should trigger PTT when pressed.
- The button should unlock the phone when pressed. This functionality needs to be added to the button in addition to the firmware changes below which will only launch Zello and use it as a PTT button.
- Loud speakers are necessary for a great Zello PTT experience.
The hardware button must send the commands below to work as a PTT button and launch Zello.
When the button is pressed:
When the button is released:
Once the firmware changes have been made, test the button with Zello by mapping it in the Push-to-talk button settings.
Read Integrate Zello with your app to add a PTT button from your application.
Contact us if you have any questions or have already made the changes to your firmware.
Questions? Submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.