How to prevent Android OS 6.0+ from disconnecting Zello while in background
Android OS Version 6.0 (Marshmallow) adds a new battery optimization feature which may cause Zello to unexpectedly disconnect when running in the background. To prevent this, you can disable this feature as follows:
1. From the Android home screen, select Settings
2. Select Battery
3. Tap the Overflow settings button (3 dots)
4. Select Battery optimization
5. Select Not optimized and then choose to display All Apps
6. Scroll down and select Zello from the list
7. Select Don't optimize for Zello
8. Tap Done to confirm.
Questions? Submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.