Respect the Zello community
Thank you for making the effort to respect the Zello community. This golden rule does the trick: Treat others as you want to be treated. Using Zello requires some level of trust. We believe you will be responsible and that others will do the same.
Common sense rules
Here are rules that will help you become a respected member of the Zello community and avoid being blocked or banned:
- Use appropriate language for the channel.
- Don’t abuse other users, make threats, harass, intimidate, invade privacy and urge others to commit violent acts or violate the Terms of Service.
- Don’t share explicit content in Zello, even if it’s about you. Be aware that we will work with law enforcement to report child exploitation.
- Don’t shock or disgust.
- Don’t share other people’s personal information.
- Don't impersonate another user or channel.
- Don't use trademarks that you don't own.
Channel administration guidelines
The following outlines how channel administration and moderation work in Zello:
- The person who creates the channel is the Owner.
- Owners can block users.
- Owners may appoint and revoke Moderators.
- Moderators can block users.
- Blocked users can’t access the channel.
Please follow these rules when creating channels :
- Don't create channel (or user) names that imply an official relationship with Zello.
- Don't use profanity or obscene pictures for the channel name or profile picture. Even if the channel is identified as 18+.
- Avoid misleading titles or descriptions and don't use repetitive keywords.
- Don't create unused channels to "park" or save a name. Idle channels will be automatically removed.
- Channels that try to "game the system" and use tactics to increase their rank on Trending without engaging in real conversations will be removed from Trending or banned entirely.
Refer to Owner and Moderator Guidelines for more details.
Please feel free to promote your Zello channel. You may use Zello's logo without any modification. If your resource is about Zello, clearly mark it as an "unofficial" source.
Don't register Zello's name or marks as your own or Zello may need to take legal action.
Yes, Zello really enforces these guidelines
Zello is for all of us. The Zello team reviews complaints and reports for possible violations of our Community Guidelines. If we find a violation, we will warn or ban the user. Repeated violations can lead to a permanent ban and account termination. Users with terminated accounts will not be allowed to create new ones.
Zello is for everyone
This is our community. Each of us makes Zello what it is. So go on and have fun!
You’ll meet amazing and inspiring people from all over the world. You’ll hear their stories. You’ll share your stories. You’ll make new friendships, renew old ones, and build stronger ones. As long as you respect the Community Guidelines and the Zello community, you’ll have many memorable and enriching experiences.
How to report problems
With such a diverse community, you may hear things you don’t like. Sometimes it’s a difference of opinions and beliefs. In this case, how about switching channels and listening to something else? We don’t want you to waste precious energy with something you don’t like. You can block a channel.
Should someone violate our Terms of Service or these guidelines, please use the “Report user” option. If you find a channel violating our Terms of Service or these guidelines, please report the channel by sending an email to email@example.com or the use the report channel option under "Channel details."
That's all folks! Thanks for reading and respecting!
— The Zello Team