How does ZelloWork differ from free Zello for consumers?
ZelloWork Push-to-Talk is a better option for businesses and organizations because it provides more control, more security, and assigned group channels. Subscribing to ZelloWork includes the following features which are not available with the consumer app:
- Private network: ZelloWork provides you with a secure, private network. You have full control over who can access your network and with whom they can communicate within your network.
- Dedicated servers: ZelloWork operates on a physically separate network of servers that are specifically sized to meet the capacity needs of businesses. The free consumer Zello app, on occasion, may be affected by peak usage that can be unpredictable.
- Management Console: ZelloWork uses a web-based management interface to allow businesses to configure and control users and channels. It also shows user status at-a-glance and account management features. Admins can automatically log-in users by using SignOn Links.
- User Roles: ZelloWork allows administrators to choose who their users can hear and speak to within a channel. Driver and Dispatch roles can be created, so drivers do not have to hear each other within a channel to reduce noise and distractions while driving. Broadcast channels can be created to make important announcements, without having everyone reply within the same channel.
- Location Tracking: The ZelloWork console offers a real-time mapping feature which displays channel user's current location on OpenStreetMap, device battery level, and speed of travel. A Premium Map upgrade adds Google Maps and traffic services, along with Location History (bread-crumb trail).
- Message Vault: ZelloWork makes all voice messages, photos, texts, and text enabled call alerts easily accessible from the management console. This is an optional feature, with an additional cost.
- On-Premise Server: Host ZelloWork on your own local WiFi or LAN network for the ultimate in control and privacy. Ideal for situations where Internet access is unavailable or unreliable. The On-Premise Server is available with a one-time license fee and user licenses are sold in packs of 20. Technical support is free for the first year.
- LMR integration: ZelloWork includes a radio gateway solution that seamlessly integrates your existing two-way radio network and smartphones.
- API & SDKs: ZelloWork has Windows, iOS, and Android SDKs to simplify use between multiple applications, and to integrate ZelloWork within your own app. These are available for all ZelloWork accounts to use.
- Crosslink: ZelloWork channels can link to other ZelloWork channels that are not in the same organization or network. For example, your company's channel can link to a third-party or vendor's ZelloWork channel.
- Windows Mobile support: ZelloWork supports Windows Mobile CE as well as Windows Embedded Handheld devices, making it easier to use existing mobile scanners as push-to-talk devices.
- Technical support: ZelloWork customers have 24/7 access to a dedicated technical support team.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.